General Requirements for Foundation Scholarships
Scholarships offered through the Ohlone College Foundation may have different application procedures - refer to each scholarship announcement for criteria and applications procedures. Review the Foundation Scholarship FAQ.
Here are the general requirements:
- In order to receive scholarships, you must be enrolled at Ohlone College or another four-year institution during the following semester or planning to enroll in Fall 2016.
- Once you begin your online application process, you will be required to submit a personal statement on your accomplishments and what a college education will mean in their life. Please complete this essay in a word processor and copy and paste into the application. The application will log you out after a period of inactivity, and you may lose your progress.
- You may upload electronic documents with your application such as letters of recommendation. If you cannot acquire an electronic document, documents may be dropped off to the Foundation Office on the Fremont campus or mailed and postmarked by the application deadline to:
Ohlone College Foundation
43600 Mission Boulevard
Fremont, CA 94539
- Letters of recommendation, transcripts, and personal statements will not be returned.
- Students will be asked to write a thank you letter to the donor before a check will be issued.
- You must be attending Ohlone College or another four-year institution in the following semester in order to be eligible to receive scholarships.
- The Scholarship and Awards Committee, composed of faculty, staff, students and administrators, evaluates the applications and awards scholarships based on merit, need, or other criteria specified by the donor. Good luck to applicants and best of luck in your studies at Ohlone.